Brooke's Bandwagon

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Summer that Changed My Life, by Eliza, chapter 7

brookesbiggestfan
    brookesbiggestfan
    Superstar
    Superstar

The Summer that Changed My Life, by Eliza, chapter 7 Empty The Summer that Changed My Life, by Eliza, chapter 7

Post by brookesbiggestfan January 4th 2009, 9:06 pm

Thursday of the next week was my last day of school. I had battled and hopefully conquered my first year of high school.

Whew.

That afternoon, Brooke called me over to her house. Apparently, she had some big surprise for me. Honestly, I had no idea what it was. When I arrived at her house, there were no decorations, cake, or surprise guests. I was wondering how big of a surprise it could me.

"Eliza," Brooke began, a mischevious twinkle in her eye, "I sent your demo CD to my record company and they'd like to offer you a deal."

WHAT?????????

I couldn't say anything. I sat down to keep myself from passing out. I began hyperventilating.

"You're serious?" I asked.

"Yes," Brooke smiled.

"I accept!" I cheered, "Thank you Brooke! Thank you thank you thank you!!!!!" I hugged her.

That was, by far, my best day ever. I couldn't describe it. Real words wouldn't do it justice. I could barely comprehend the situation myself.

"You did that for me?" I asked.

"Absolutely," Brooke replied, "you seem so happy when you sing."

I nodded, happier than I'd ever been before.

That, right there, was really a life-changing moment.

Current date/time is May 14th 2024, 11:51 pm