Brooke's Bandwagon

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Summer That Changed My Life, by Eliza, chapter 2

brookesbiggestfan
    brookesbiggestfan
    Superstar
    Superstar

The Summer That Changed My Life, by Eliza, chapter 2 Empty The Summer That Changed My Life, by Eliza, chapter 2

Post by brookesbiggestfan January 3rd 2009, 1:39 pm

It was Wednesday.

Wednesday?

Oh crap.

The day of my geometry final.

I repeat: OH CRAP!

I tried EVERYTHING to get out of going to school. I faked sick, injury, sadness, even my own death. My mom didn't buy it, so I boarded the bus and was shipped against my will to geometry class where a fat packet and answer sheet were thrown down in front of me.

I thought I was going to be the first person to ever get killed by a test.

After what seemed like seven hours, but was only one and half, our tests were collected and I learned that the test we had just taken was only, heh, part one.

I could have cried.

After finally being dismissed, I ran out in the hallway and went to my locker. My best friend, Amanda's locker was right next to mine. I slammed my head against my locker.

"That was torture," I cried.

"No kidding," Amanda replied.

"At least we only have one part left," I said.

"Actually, there's two parts left."

THERE WAS A PART THREE? GOD!!!!!!!!!

I was more than happy when school was over. I live within walking distance so I walked home. I made a detour and stopped by the Cook n' Brooke. I walked in the restaurant, greeted Carly, and knocked on the Lounge door.

"Who is it?" Brooke asked.

"Eliza!" I replied.

"Come on in!" she shouted.

I walked in, dropping my bag by the door.

"How was school?" Brooke asked.

"Awful," I moaned, "awful."

"Super duper awful?" Brooke asked.

"Geometry finals awful," I replied.

"Nice," Brooke said, "you wanna snack?"

"Sure," I replied.

"Help yourself," Brooke told me, pointing to a plate of cookies. (She baked 'em herself. She always leaves some in the lounge.) I also went to the kitchen to get a glass of Here Comes the Sun Lemonade. I was greeted by Jason Castro, who was doing the dishes. He didn't appear to be in a happy mood.

"How's it goin', Jason?" I asked.

"Whatever," he replied, scrubbing food remains off a plate.

I made the wise decisions to leave Jason alone. I brought my lemonade back to the Lounge so I could chat with Brooke. David was tehre, chowing down on Brooke's cookies. Everyone loved Brooke's super-duper chocolate chip cookies. I chatted with Brooke for awhile, and then David helped me study for part two of that dumb geometry final, since Brooke claim's she's no good at math at all. Studying was my only "homework" since the end of the year was getting very close. In fact, I only had a week left.

And quite frankly, I didn't think I'd make it that long.

Current date/time is May 15th 2024, 5:47 am