Brooke's Bandwagon

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Summer That Changed My Life, by Eliza, chapter 1

Poll

Did you like this first chapter?

[ 1 ]
    The Summer That Changed My Life, by Eliza, chapter 1 Bar_left100%The Summer That Changed My Life, by Eliza, chapter 1 Bar_right [100%] 
    [ 0 ]
    The Summer That Changed My Life, by Eliza, chapter 1 Bar_left0%The Summer That Changed My Life, by Eliza, chapter 1 Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    The Summer That Changed My Life, by Eliza, chapter 1 Bar_left0%The Summer That Changed My Life, by Eliza, chapter 1 Bar_right [0%] 

Total Votes: 1
    brookesbiggestfan
    brookesbiggestfan
    Superstar
    Superstar

The Summer That Changed My Life, by Eliza, chapter 1 Empty The Summer That Changed My Life, by Eliza, chapter 1

Post by brookesbiggestfan January 3rd 2009, 1:27 pm

SEVEN MONTHS LATER

Chapter 1:

It was hard to believe, but my entire first year of high school was almost over. Had an entire year really gone by? Nah. Actually, it had, and I was suffereing from the stresses of finals. I hated finals more than I hated anything.

I was in my room, sitting at my desk, reviewing geometry forumulas, oh joy. The geometry final was scaring me most of all. Geometry was HARD. I should never have agreed to take advanced math.

My cell beeped. It was a text, from Brooke. Leave it to Brooke to get me out of doing something I REALLY didn't want to be doing.

"sup liz we r goin 2 the pool wanna come?? ;-)" the text read.

"ya i do but i have 2 study 4 my geometry final," i replied.

"o geometry YUK!" Brooke texted.

"i no i h8 it." I replied.

"com w/us pleez?? u'll b glad u did :-)"

Man, Brooke was extremely persuasive.

"ok ill come c u in a few but only 4 a little while!!! ;-)"

I had to go with her.

"yay!" Brooke text-cheered.

I closed my phone and changed into my swimsuit. I gathered a towel, sunglasses, sunscreen, and went to wait outside.

Goodness it was HOT!

That's the thing about Arizona. The summers are H-O-T!

Soon, Brooke & David pulled up into my driveway in their air conditioned jeep. I hopped in the back and we drove 7.5 minutes to the pool that Brooke & David belonged to. We pulled in the parking lot and into a spot with a sign that read "RESERVED FOR B&D COOK."

They were so popular (and rich) they had their own reserved parking spot.

"You have your own spot?" I asked.

"Yeah, David bought it for me last year," Brooke replied, smiling in David's direction.

"You look very pretty today, Brookie," David said.

"Aww," Brooke said, blushing. She kissed him on the cheek.

Aww. They were so perfect for each other.

We got out of the car and walked to the pool. We found chairs to put our stuff on, slathered on sunscreen, and dove into the cool water. Well, I dove, David cannon-balled, and Brooke politely slid into the water. We swam back & forth. At one point, David was underwater for so long, Brooke thought he had drowned, so she went in after him.

Within seconds, they came to the surface. Brooke was gasping and David was laughing and laughing.

"As I've said before, I have an amazing lung capacity!" David laughed.

"Well don't do that again," Brooke huffed.

She worried too much.

Davis splashed her and that's when I noticed the mascara on her face. She (evidentally) had not worn waterproof.

"Uh, Brooke, eye alert," I warned her.

"Shoot," she replied. She climbed up and out of the pool and fast walked to the women'sroom. I followed her. It was Saturday and I had not bothered to wear makeup, so I had nothing to worry about. Brooke wiped her face with the towel she brought along, leaving black streaks on it. We laughed. Brooke was looking at herself in the mirror.She was pretty even without makeup. I wished I was pretty as she was.

We made a brief stop in the stalls and joined David in the pool.

"Girls," he huffed.

"What about us?" Brooke asked, hands on her waist.

"You take so much time for everything," he replied.

"I wouldn't talk," she said, flicking water at him. We all chuckled.

We spent another hour or so at the pool and then stopped for ice cream. Brooke & David dropped me off at home and I went back up stairs to try to remember more geometry formulas.

Whoopee.

Current date/time is May 15th 2024, 1:55 am