Brooke's Bandwagon

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Summer that Changed My Life, by Eliza, chapter 4

brookesbiggestfan
    brookesbiggestfan
    Superstar
    Superstar

The Summer that Changed My Life, by Eliza, chapter 4 Empty The Summer that Changed My Life, by Eliza, chapter 4

Post by brookesbiggestfan January 3rd 2009, 4:16 pm

I told Brooke I really wanted to sing at karyoke night, and she was thrilled. She loves when I perform because she hates when I act all shy or whatever.

"What are you going to sing?" she asked, eagerly.

"I was thinking about singing 'Thank You',", I told Brooke.

"Oh, I love that song!" Brooke cried, "remember I cried when you told me who it was written for?"

"How could I forget?" I asked, laughing a bit, "you cried on my shoulder!"

"Yeah, I can get a bit emotional," Brooke sighed.

"A bit?" I chuckled.

"Okay, a lot emotional," Brooke said, "I'm excited for you Eliza!"

"I'm excited too!" I told her.

"You're not scared out of your mind or anything?" Brooke asked, nudging me.

"That too," I added. We laughed.

Since the restaurant was closing at seven, and I had no homework, I went over to Brooke & David's house. Brooke helped me rehearse "Thank You," and I made the daring decision to playing on the piano while I sang. (Well, at the Cook n' Brooke, it's a keyboard, but whatever)

I had only sang at karyoke night twice before, so I was fairly frightened. The day of karyoke night (Saturday) I was quite and nervous all day. I specifically told Brooke I didn't want to be first or last, so she put me seventh. There were fifteen total performers that night, so I was in the middle. All the other performers were Cook n' Brooke employees.

The first five performances were Brooke & David. They did two solo songs each and one duet. The sixth was Carly. She sang some song she sang on Idol. I was too nervous to pay attention to what it was.

Sooner than I had hoped, it was my turn. Jason brought the keyboard onstage and adjusted the mic. The spotlight went on me. I noticed the girl from the other night who said she liked my song. She was watching intensely as I played the introduction.

Brooke was sitting at the table right in front of the stage. That made me feel better because she's the only one I can sing comfortably in front of. (Well, David too)

When it was time, I started singing. Whenever I needed assurance, I looked at Brooke, who was sitting there, smiling. Halfway through the song, I really got into it, and didn't need as much assurance from Brooke. Three quarters into teh song, I decided I loved singing and music. I finally understood why Brooke & David loved doing what they did.

Current date/time is May 15th 2024, 11:57 am