Brooke's Bandwagon

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Summer That Changed My Life, by Eliza, chapter 3

Poll

What do you think is going to happen to Eliza now?

[ 0 ]
    The Summer That Changed My Life, by Eliza, chapter 3 Bar_left0%The Summer That Changed My Life, by Eliza, chapter 3 Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    The Summer That Changed My Life, by Eliza, chapter 3 Bar_left0%The Summer That Changed My Life, by Eliza, chapter 3 Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 1 ]
    The Summer That Changed My Life, by Eliza, chapter 3 Bar_left100%The Summer That Changed My Life, by Eliza, chapter 3 Bar_right [100%] 
    [ 0 ]
    [ 0 ]
    [ 0 ]

Total Votes: 1
    brookesbiggestfan
    brookesbiggestfan
    Superstar
    Superstar

The Summer That Changed My Life, by Eliza, chapter 3 Empty The Summer That Changed My Life, by Eliza, chapter 3

Post by brookesbiggestfan January 3rd 2009, 1:50 pm

The next day was Thursday. I went to school and took part two of that dreadful exam.

"Don't worry," my teacher said, "Part one was the hardest. The worst is over."

Thank the Lord.

That's when I decided I would never, ever become a mathematician.

I went to the Cook n' Brooke after school, because I was working that afternoon. I work every day over the summer, and I worked Tuesdays & Thursdays during the school year. I was closed every other weekend, so I also worked every other Saturday.

I walked in at 3:17. I dropped my bag in the lounge, collected my waitress apron & notepad and went to wait on table 27.

I knew they always played music in the restaurant, but just now I realized that all they played was music from the restaurant staff. I heard Brooke's "Free," David's "Declaration," David Archuleta's "Crush." It was all mix CD's Brooke put together, I guess. As I was taking orders from table 19, the song switched. I knew at once what it was. It was a song I wrote & recorded in Brooke & David's recording studio. It was called "Thank You," and it was written for Brooke & David to thank them for everything they'd done for me. I just recorded it for fun. After delivering orders to the kitchen, I charged to the Lounge.

"Uh..." I told Brooke, pointing to the ceiling.

"The song?" she asked, "you sound great."

"Why is it playing?" I demanded.

"Well, the music we play here is all from our employees, and you happen to be an employee, so I decided to include a few of your songs," she replied.

"It's nothing special," I said, shrugging.

"You sound great," Brooke assured me, "and it's special to me. It has sentimental value."

That was the most wonderful thing I'd ever heard. Brooke alwas made me feel good.

I hugged Brooke and went back out to wait on table 87.

"What is this song?" a girl at the table asked me, "I've never heard it before."

"The song?" I asked nervously.

"Yeah, who is this?" she asked, "I really like it."

"Oh, her name's Eliza," I told her, covering my nametag with my arm, "and she's singing at the next karyoke night."

"Really?" the girl asked.

"Yeah," I replied, "you should go!"

"Can I, Mom?" the girl asked her mother, "I love karyoke night!"

"Me too," I told her, smiling, "me too."
    brookesbiggestfan
    brookesbiggestfan
    Superstar
    Superstar

The Summer That Changed My Life, by Eliza, chapter 3 Empty Re: The Summer That Changed My Life, by Eliza, chapter 3

Post by brookesbiggestfan January 3rd 2009, 4:01 pm

haha i'm the only one who posts anything here

Current date/time is May 15th 2024, 9:06 am