Brooke's Bandwagon

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Summer that Changed My Life, by Eliza, chapter 5, plus a sneak peek of whats coming up

brookesbiggestfan
    brookesbiggestfan
    Superstar
    Superstar

The Summer that Changed My Life, by Eliza, chapter 5, plus a sneak peek of whats coming up Empty The Summer that Changed My Life, by Eliza, chapter 5, plus a sneak peek of whats coming up

Post by brookesbiggestfan January 4th 2009, 8:57 pm

I stood there smiling while everyone clapped and cheered. That was a big moment for me. I saw the girl whose family I had waited on the night before, and she was all smiles.

After karyoke night ended, Brooke & David approached me to give me praise. I hugged them both and said thank you.

Sometimes I say thank you for no apparent reason.

Soon, the girl approached me.

"That was great!" she exclaimed, "why didn't you tell me that was you?"

I had no answer.

"What's your name?" I asked, "how old are you?"

"I'm Emma," she told me, "and I'm ten."

Ten. Still a kid.

"I'm Eliza," I said, "I'm fourteen."

I probably didn't even need to tell her my name.

"You're so cool," she told me, "and really pretty."

I guess I was feeling how Brooke feels when I idolize her. It was a feeling I couldn't describe. Knowing I had made ten-year-old Emma that happy was... beyond amazing. I never thought anybody would look up to me.

I wanted to do something to make that girl's day, so with Brooke's permission, I took her to the Lounge.

"This is SO cool!" she exclaimed, "you're so lucky you work here!"

"Maybe when you're a little older, I can ask Brooke for a job for you," I told her.

"REALLY? AWESOME!" she cried, "hey... do you know Ramiele?"

"Sure do," I told her," "you a fan?"

"Totally!" Emma exclaimed.

"Wanna meet her?" I asked, even though I already knew the answer.

"YES!" she screeched, hugging me.

I hugged her back, feeling good about what I had done for her. I lead her back into the restaurant and found Ramiele. Emma flipped out. I let the two of them talk for awhile.

I was getting tired. It was 10:00. The Cook n' Brooke was open until 10:30 on karyoke nights. I let Brooke & David drive me home once we closed up for the night. When I got there, I put on my pajamas, brushed me teeth, and was in bed by 11:30. I was exhausted, but also very happy.

SNEAK PEEK OF THE NEXT STORY:

"That's it?" David said, "the restaurant will never survive now."

I think I stopped breathing.

"No!" Brooke cried, "David, we can't close! This place is part of the community! I can't part with it!"

"We don't have much of a choice, B-Dub," David told her.

"Give it another two weeks," Brooke begged.

"One week is all we have left," David replied, "we'll give it that."

Current date/time is May 15th 2024, 7:59 pm