Brooke's Bandwagon

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No Lemonade, My Idols and Quite Frankly, Not The Time of My Life, chapter 5

brookesbiggestfan
    brookesbiggestfan
    Superstar
    Superstar

No Lemonade, My Idols and Quite Frankly, Not The Time of My Life, chapter 5 Empty No Lemonade, My Idols and Quite Frankly, Not The Time of My Life, chapter 5

Post by brookesbiggestfan December 23rd 2008, 11:47 pm

I went back home that week. I longed for my own bed, and my mom.
    One day I was moping around the house and I was struck by a very inspiring idea. I ran to get the phone. I made some important calls. I called the staff from the Cook n' Brooke. Or should I say ex- staff. That's depressing. When they showed up at my house, I explained THE PLAN.
    That week we walked our neighborhoods, asking for donations. Most people donated and each of us donated quite a bundle.
    At the end of the week, we counted our cash. It was a lot-- and I mean A LOT, but it wouldn't be enough, so we decided to use Brooke & David's insurance money.
    A few days later, I called Brooke & David. I told them Carly and I were taking them somewhere really special. When we got to their house in Carly's black jeep, we tied bandanas around their eyes and shoved them in the back seat. We drove to... well I'm not gonna tell you yet.
    "You can take off your bandanas now," I told Brooke & David. They pulled the bandanas off their heads and stared in shock at the entire ex-restaurant staff and a large sign.
    "Future Home of the New & Improved Cook n' Brooke."
    Brooke stared at that sign long and hard. When she realized that she wasn't dreaming, she came up to me, put her hands on my shoulders, and looked me in the eye. Her brilliant blue eyes sparkled with joy. THAT was the Brooke I knew.
    "This is the best gift I could dream of," she told me, "amazing. Thank you, Eliza."
    "I hope you know we're gonna need your insurance money, " I told her laughing.
    Brooke laughed back. A real, good, Brooke laugh. She was back to her good ol' self and back to stay.
    The restaurant was complete within a few weeks. Brooke and David were probably the two happiest people in the world. It felt good to see them smile.
    The grand opening of the New & Improved Cook n' Brooke was a great night. Brooke & David sang their favorite duet "Happy Together" on the new karyoke stage. And they were really happy.
    I sang a song too. I sang Free. That's how I felt.
    While I was sad to see it end, I knew that summer was one I would never, ever forget. I know you're probably getting tired of this ending, but I've got to use it one more time.
    That summer was undoubtedly The Time of My Life. And that comes from the heart.

The End.

ps. This is not the last you have heard from Eliza!!!!!!!!! She'll be back!!!!!

Current date/time is May 7th 2024, 8:32 am