Brooke's Bandwagon

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No Lemonade, My Idols and Quite Frankly, Not The Time of My Life, chapter 4

brookesbiggestfan
    brookesbiggestfan
    Superstar
    Superstar

No Lemonade, My Idols and Quite Frankly, Not The Time of My Life, chapter 4 Empty No Lemonade, My Idols and Quite Frankly, Not The Time of My Life, chapter 4

Post by brookesbiggestfan December 23rd 2008, 11:36 pm

Brooke asked me to stay with her and David for a few days, because she wanted another girl's shoulder to cry on, and I totally understood. We stayed at their house for days without leaving. We didn't say much, or do much. Basically, we cried, looked at pictures of the restaurant and its staff and cried, and listened to music and cried.
    Well, David didn't. He was in the basement, banging. He told us he was building a dog house, but I knew that wasn't true. They didn't even have a dog.
    Brooke & I ate chocolate and cried while Brooke closed the restaurant's website. Usually, chocolate can cure emotional pain, but this was one time where it really couldn't.
    Brooke seemed very distant and sad those few days. She didn't really seem like... like Brooke.
    "I felt like I belonged there," she told me, "the people, the food, the atmosphere, the restaurant itself."
    She told me that when she stopped playing the piano in the middle of Let it Be.
    That was a very un-Brookeish sort of thing to do. Brooke never stopped playing in the middle of a song. Not ever. She walked to the couch, sat there, and stared out the window while tears rolled down her cheeks. I sat at that gorgeous grand piano and started playing I Am... I Said. Brooke didn't even look up when she heard the familiar first notes.
    She wasn't being the Brooke I knew.
    Brooke & David didn't say much to each other. They were too upset. Sometimes, I felt like I didn't even know them.
    Brooke and David were definetly incomplete.

Current date/time is April 29th 2024, 12:54 pm