Brooke's Bandwagon

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Glass of Lemonade, My Idols, and The Time of My Life, chapter 3

brookesbiggestfan
    brookesbiggestfan
    Superstar
    Superstar

A Glass of Lemonade, My Idols, and The Time of My Life, chapter 3 Empty A Glass of Lemonade, My Idols, and The Time of My Life, chapter 3

Post by brookesbiggestfan November 30th 2008, 8:35 pm

About an hour later, customers started coming. Brooke let me take the first couple that walked in.

I went up to the table, smiled, and introduced myself like Brooke told me to do.

"Can I get you something to drink?" I asked. The woman ordered a diet pepsi, and the man ordered coffee. I brought the orders back to the kitchen, got the Pepsi and coffee, and brought it back to the table on a tray like Brooke told me. I didn't spill a drop. I guess I was natural. I took their food orders and brought those to the kitchen. Fifteen minutes later, when the food was ready, I brought to the table (on a tray again) and didn't spill anything. I must have done a swell job, because the couple left me a nice tip. I told Brooke that I had completed my first table, and she congratulated me. She told me to go to table 26. I glanced in the direction of that table and cringed. It was two girls from my school, Allysa and Tara. I couldn't stand them. Reluctantly, I walked to the table.

"Hi, I'm..." I began.

Allysa cut me off.

"If it isn't ELOSER," she said rudely, "what are YOU doing here? Gotta work to keep your family off the streets?"

I almost reached out to pull her hair, but David (Cook of course) was right there.

"You messing with Eliza?" he asked them.

Tara and Allysa fanned themselves with their menus.

"OMG it's David Cook!" Tara squealed.

"Leave Eliza ALONE," David said in a threatening tone, "Eliza, you go do table 37. Kristy Lee, take care of table 26 please."

I thanked David and began to walk to table 37.

"You mess with Eliza again, and you won't be allowed back here again," David told them.

Tara moaned and Allysa rolled her eyes. David walked away. I felt bad that Kristy Lee Cook had to wait on those snobs.

I thanked David again after taking orders from the family of four at table 37. I delivered the orders to the kitchen and realized I hadn't seen Brooke in awhile. I checked the back room, and the kitchen. She wasn't in either place, so I checked the women's room. There was nobody in there. Then I spotted her. She and Kristy Lee were over at table 26. They were talking to Allysa and Tara.

Current date/time is May 7th 2024, 9:37 pm