Brooke's Bandwagon

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Glass of Lemonade, My Idols, and the Time of My Life, chapter 2

brookesbiggestfan
    brookesbiggestfan
    Superstar
    Superstar

A Glass of Lemonade, My Idols, and the Time of My Life, chapter 2 Empty A Glass of Lemonade, My Idols, and the Time of My Life, chapter 2

Post by brookesbiggestfan November 30th 2008, 6:19 pm

I had set my alarm clock for 8:30. I wanted to look great for Brooke & David. When I woke up, I thought it had all been a dream, and I sighed unhappily. Then I was the autographed CD's on my nightstand, and sighed dreamily. I pulled off the covers and went to my dresser. I put on dark jeanas ant a gray t-shirt that was covered in music notes, and it said "music makes me smile." I put on my musical note charm bracelet, treble clef earrings, and a long necklace with an eighth note hanging from it. I thought Brooke would like the whole 'music' theme. I also did my makeup, which I don't usually do. My mom bought it all for me for my 13th birthday a couple of months ago. I wore it once. When I was finished, I looked in the mirror and I didn't even look like ME. I looked great. I pulled my hair back in a ponytail, like always. It was stick-straight, and dingy blonde. Nothing like Brooke's hair. I had always wanted hair like hers.

I ran downstairs and had a granola bar and half an orange for breakfast. Then I went upstairs and brushed my teeth, making sure there was nothing stuck in my braces. I put on gray flats, grabbed my iPod, cell, and purse, and went to wait outside. Shortly, a black jeep pulled up in my driveway. David beckoned for me to sit in the seat behind him.

"Morning Brooke! Morning David!" I greeted them.

"Morning... I don't believe I got your name," Brooke replied.

"Eliza," I told her.

"Eliza," repeated David, "hey Brooke, weren't you in that Eliza Magazine a few years ago?"

"Yes indeed," Brooke replied.

I got a tingly feeling in my chest. I had something in common with Brooke! Sort of.

David pulled in the parking lot of the Cook 'n Brooke. We were the only ones there, which meant I got Brooke and David all to myself. Haha. David unlocked the door and we went inside. David walked back into the kitchen, but Brooke stopped me.

"Uh oh," I thought, "what's wrong? Do I look funny?"

I would hate to look awful or ugly or messed up in front of Brooke. She was always so neat and pretty.

She reached back and pulled out my ponytail holder.

"Crap," I thought.

Brooke combed my hair out with her fingers. She flipped the short pieces of hair by my face back, and took hairspray out of her purse. She shielded my eyes, sprayed my hair and dragged me to the women's room.

"CRAP!" I thought again.

Booke told me to look in the mirror. I did. My hair looked... amazing.

"Don't put your hair up too often," Brooke told me, "it's not good for your hair."

"Thanks," I told her, smiling. I touched my hair. It felt like hay where she sprayed it, but I didn't mind.

We walked out of the bathroom together and David looked at us kinda funny. I wondered what he was thinking, but then I looked down. There was toilet paper stuck to my foot! I ran back into the bathroom, peeled it off, and muttered a few swear words under my breath. I walked back out embarrassed as heck, and David chuckled.

Brooke playfully slapped him.

"Be nice," she told him, giving me a gentle, sympathetic smile.

I probably turned beet red.

David stopped laughing.

"How 'bout getting you a job?" he asked me.

"A job? Here? Really?" I asked excitedly.

"Yeah, sure, why not?" Brooke replied, "how old are you?"

"Almost 14," I told her.

"Good enough," said David.

"So... what kind of job?" I asked.

"I don't know... waitress maybe," David replied.

"Really? Wow! That would be great!" I exclaimed, "I've never worked a day in my life, though."

"So?" David replied, "it's easy. You smile, introduce yourself, write down orders, bring food, accept tips!"

"Yeah okay!" I chuckled.

"You're hired!" Brooke exclaimed playfully, "come with me."

I followed Brooke to a back room. She handed me a black apron stuffed full of straws and napkins. She typed my name on this weird machine thing, and it made a name tag. She gave that to me, along with a pad of paper, and a pen. It wrote in purple ink. I loved purple. I went back out and sat at a table, since it was two hours until opening. Brooke and David got on stage, turned on their mics and started singing a duet. It was a new one; I didn't recognize it. It was amazing, though.

When they stopped, Brooke offered me her mic.

"You want to sing something?" she asked me.

I shooke my head. I guess I had an okay voice, but I never sang solo. I only sang in chorus at school, where there were other voices too.

"Okay," Brooke replied.

About an hour later, the other waiters and waitresses came. I hadn't noticed this before, and I don't know how I missed this, but they were all the other season 7 top 12 Idol contestants! David Hernandez, Amanda Overmyer, Chikezie, Ramiele Malubay, Michael Johns, Carly Smithson, Kristy Lee Cook, Syesha Mercado, Jason Castro, and David Archuleta! It was amazing.

Jason Castro, who I had never liked, did all the dishes. I thought that was sort of funny.

"Who's the girl?" Carly asked Brooke. I loved Carly's Irish accent.

"New waitress," Brooke replied, smiling in my direction. She beckoned for me to come. I approached them.

"Hi," I said to Carly, "I'm Eliza."

"Hi Eliza," Carly replied.

I LOVED her accent!

I glanced to the side and noticed David (Cook of course) talking to Michael Johns. Michael pointed at me and David called me over, and he introduced me to Michael.

" 'ello Eliza!" Michael said.

I loved HIS accent too!!

Brooke introduced me to everyone else. They were like a family, and I began to feel like I fit in with them. They were all so nice to me, and they all had amazing voices. (Especially Brooke & David Cook) They were just all so COOL. Even Jason wasn't that bad.

Chapter 3 Coming Soon!
    brookesbiggestfan
    brookesbiggestfan
    Superstar
    Superstar

A Glass of Lemonade, My Idols, and the Time of My Life, chapter 2 Empty Re: A Glass of Lemonade, My Idols, and the Time of My Life, chapter 2

Post by brookesbiggestfan November 30th 2008, 6:33 pm

hope u like it.

Current date/time is May 7th 2024, 7:01 am