Brooke's Bandwagon

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Glass of Lemonade, My Idols, and The Time of My Life 2: Critic At The Cook n' Brooke, chapter 4

brookesbiggestfan
    brookesbiggestfan
    Superstar
    Superstar

A Glass of Lemonade, My Idols, and The Time of My Life 2: Critic At The Cook n' Brooke, chapter 4 Empty A Glass of Lemonade, My Idols, and The Time of My Life 2: Critic At The Cook n' Brooke, chapter 4

Post by brookesbiggestfan December 7th 2008, 10:09 pm

That night, Brooke & David invited me over for dinner, to say thanks.

I might have mentioned before that Brooke is a really good cook. He made spaghetti & meatballs, and it was very, very, very good. I volunteered to help with the dishes.

"NO!" David shouted, "you're our guest and this dinner is to say thanks. I will do the dishes."

David was so nice.

While he did the dishes, Brooke & I went to the music room. She'd been giving me piano lessons, and I worked out "Here Comes the Sun," while reading fron the piano book.

"Great job!" Brooke told me, "except you played it in the wrong key!"

Oops.

"Try the key of A major," Brooke said, "start on C sharp."

It was so much easier in that key. Apparently, I had been playing in the key of A flat. I didn't even know such a key existed.

"Why don't you stay the night?" Brooke asked, "we can work on this more, and watch corny movies!"

What could be better?

I called my mom and told her I was spending the night. She said okay.

Brooke & I spent two hours on "Here Comes the Sun." She was a great teacher. She made everything to easy to understand. At the end of those two hours, I could play through 'Here Comes the Sun," almost perfectly.

We also watched a dumb movie, which I won't take the time to describe.

After the movie, we looked at the clock and realized it was 12:30 AM. Brooke loaned me a pair of pajamas, and they weren't that big on me, because Brooke's small. In fact, the pajamas were a pretty good fit. I climbed into my bed in their guest room and fell asleep within 10 minutes.

Current date/time is May 20th 2024, 7:08 pm