Brooke's Bandwagon

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

A Glass of Lemonade, My Idols, and The Time of My Life 2: Critic At The Cook n' Brooke, chapter 1

brookesbiggestfan
    brookesbiggestfan
    Superstar
    Superstar

A Glass of Lemonade, My Idols, and The Time of My Life 2: Critic At The Cook n' Brooke, chapter 1 Empty A Glass of Lemonade, My Idols, and The Time of My Life 2: Critic At The Cook n' Brooke, chapter 1

Post by brookesbiggestfan December 7th 2008, 4:40 pm

It had been a month since I met my idols, Brooke White-(Cook) and her husband, David Cook. It had also been a month since I started my first job at the Cook n' Brooke. It had been the best month of my life. Better than any birthday, national holiday, or the day I discovered my sister was moving out.

It was July 29t, about 2 weeks before my fourteenth birthday (August 12th) and I was at the Coon n' Brooke, beginning the work day. It was 15 minutes before opening, and Brooke, David, all the other waiters/waitresses, and I were listening to Jason Castro's first album, titled "First Attempt." Frankly, I hated it. I didn't think David (Cook) liked it either, because he was covering his ears and humming 'Declaration' with a pained look on his face.

Soon, the first three customers entered and Brooke was quick to turn off the music. Nobody wanted to wait on those first three customers, so I reluctantly offered to do it.

"Good morning," I said, with as much enthusiasm as I could find, "I'm Eliza and I"ll be your waitress today. Can I get you something to drink?"

The man ordered coffee, the woman ordered tea, and their little boy ordered orange juice. Carly Smithson, who had been listening nearby, already had the drinks. She handed me the tray, and I distributed the drinks to the family. I took their breakfast orders and delivered those to the kitchen. While I waited for their breakfast to cook, I sat in a corner of the staff lounge, listening to my iPod, until Brooke called me and all the other waiters/waitresses to the lounge for an important staff meeting.

Evidentally a big food critic was coming sometime that week. Nobody, and I mean NOBODY liked wait on critics, so Brooke decided we'd draw names. We all wrote our names down and stuffed them in a mixing bolw from the kitchen. Kristy Lee Cook's name was pulled, and everyone, except Kristy Lee, sighed with relief. I was glad. I'm not good under pressure. I did sorta feel bad for Kristy Lee. If she didn't act professional, or spill the food or something, she'd disappoint Brooke and David. I could never live with myself if I disappointed either one of them. I couldn't live with myself if I disappointed ANYONE.

I have the whole thing written, and another story started too, so I'll get those up soon!!!!
    Shawna
    Shawna
    Superstar
    Superstar

A Glass of Lemonade, My Idols, and The Time of My Life 2: Critic At The Cook n' Brooke, chapter 1 Empty Re: A Glass of Lemonade, My Idols, and The Time of My Life 2: Critic At The Cook n' Brooke, chapter 1

Post by Shawna December 7th 2008, 7:27 pm

Love it! Can't wait to read more Very Happy
    Great job!!!

Current date/time is May 20th 2024, 5:25 pm