Brooke's Bandwagon

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Glass of Lemonade, My Idols, and The Time of My Life 2: Critic At The Cook n' Brooke, chapter 2

brookesbiggestfan
    brookesbiggestfan
    Superstar
    Superstar

A Glass of Lemonade, My Idols, and The Time of My Life 2: Critic At The Cook n' Brooke, chapter 2 Empty A Glass of Lemonade, My Idols, and The Time of My Life 2: Critic At The Cook n' Brooke, chapter 2

Post by brookesbiggestfan December 7th 2008, 9:48 pm

That week was really tense at the Cook n' Brooke. If it got a bad rating, business would fall dramatically. I learned that from Brooke, who spent most of the week pacing nervously.

Kristy Lee Cook came down with the flu on Wednesday, and Brooke just about had a panic attack.

"What if he comes TODAY?" Brooke cried. I gave her my iPod and told her to listen to that and calm down while I thought about the situation. I put everyone's name in a bowl again and picked one. I stared at the name on the paper.

Eliza.

Oh crap, oh crap, oh crap. There was no turning back now. Now the pressure was on me. I thought of all the bad 'what if's'.

What if I stuttered when I spoke to the critic?

What if I accidentally brought him the wrong thing?

What if I dropped the food or drink on him?

What if I disappointed Brooke?

That was the worst 'what if' question ever. I wished I had never thought of that. Then I tried really hard to think of a good 'what if.'

What if I made Brooke proud?

That made me feel a littel better.

"Brooke, I'll wait on the critic," I told her, reluctantly.

"Eliza, are you sure?" she asked me, "I don't want to put all that pressure on you."

She was awesome.

"Yes, I'll do it," I told her, trying to sound confident, "and don't worry, I won't let you down."

"I never doubt that," Brooke replied, smiling.

It felt good that Brooke trusted me. I felt like I could wait on that critic without any problems.

I paced anxiously with Brooke all day. She let me hang out with her in the lounge until the food critic came. I paced and waited all day. The critic never came. I was relieved and I hoped Kristy Lee would be back the next day. As I mentioned before, I was not good under pressure.

The next day, Kristy Lee was NOT back. I was scared, because Carly told me that critics usually come on Thursdays.

About ten minutes before noon, the door opened and a man entered dressed in a suit.

Brooke started hyperventilating.

"That's him!" she cried, anxiously, "Eliza, that's him!"

HIM.

The critic.

Current date/time is May 20th 2024, 3:22 pm