Brooke's Bandwagon

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Glass of Lemonade, My Idols, and The Time of My Life, chapter 8

brookesbiggestfan
    brookesbiggestfan
    Superstar
    Superstar

A Glass of Lemonade, My Idols, and The Time of My Life, chapter 8 Empty A Glass of Lemonade, My Idols, and The Time of My Life, chapter 8

Post by brookesbiggestfan December 5th 2008, 11:43 pm

I got to ride up front next to Brooke since David declined the offer to come with us. Brooke turned on the radio and we sang our hearts out, all the way to our first stop, which was Target. I love that place and apparently, so does Brooke.

Brooke told me to get a cart. I guessed we were buying a lot. I was right. We browsed every single isle. I am not kidding. We got groceries, toilet paper, napkins, tissues, paper towel, soaps, laundry detergent, dish detergent, and everything and anything else under the sun. We also browsed the clothing department. (My favorite) and Brooke bought me a t-shirt, which was purple. She got the same in light blue. We picked up some coffee for David, and Brooke bought a new pair of heels for the next karyoke night. I couldn't wait. Brooke and David were going to sing a new duet they wrote themselves. I heard them sing it at their house. They said I was the first one who got to hear it, which was quite a treat.

After checking out at Target, we got stuck in traffic. (UGH) We sat in awkward silence for about 10 minutes.

Finally, I said something.

"Brooke, thank you so much for letting me stay with you, and being so nice to me, and for the job, and taking me shopping... thank you for everything," I told her.

She smiled and replied, "You're very welcome, Eliza. David and I are really glad we met you."

You have no idea how good that felt.

Finally, we started moving again. We pulled into the mall parking lot in 10 minutes. The mall was packed, so we ended up getting a far-away parking spot. It was a long walk to the mall, but worth it, because there were all sorts of great sales. Another thing Brooke and I had in common, we loved sale-shopping. We spent quite a fortune, and Brooke was certain David was going to be angry. I thought so too. Oddly enough, he wasn't. If it had been my dad, he would have gone nuts. Actually, David was appriciative because Brooke bought him a lot. It was so cute. She picked out all these shirts for him, and he liked every single one of them.

That night, Brooke made us dinner. Man, she can cook! She made chicken noodle soup (wow, that was good), and for dessert, we had the Cook n' Brooke's famous Time of My Life Pie. It was great. Brooke was so talented. She could sing, cook, and clean like no person I'd ever seen. After dinner was what David called Brooke's Cleaning Frenzy. It was hilarious to watch. David and I sat on the couch flipping through channels on the TV while Brooke did the dishes, vacuuming, and dusting, all in under 15 minutes. I would have offered to help, but David advised me not to. I was amazed. After Brooke's Cleaning Frenzy, there was not a speck of food, dust, or dirt left.

After Brooke's Cleaning Frenzy, David took out Scattegories, which evidentally, was one of his favorite games. He won every round we playead (12 in all, haha) but neither Brooke or I minded one bit.

It was summer break, and my parents were gone, so I had no set bedtime. Brooke, David & I sat on the back patio in our pajamas gazing at the stars and listening to quiet music on the radio.

Right then and there, I was REALLY glad I was staying with Brooke & David and not my older sister. That would have been sheer torture.

Chapter 9 Coming Soon!!!

Current date/time is May 19th 2024, 8:26 pm