Brooke's Bandwagon

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

My Life As A Singer-Songwriter-Restaurant Owner, chapter 2

brookesbiggestfan
    brookesbiggestfan
    Superstar
    Superstar

My Life As A Singer-Songwriter-Restaurant Owner, chapter 2 Empty My Life As A Singer-Songwriter-Restaurant Owner, chapter 2

Post by brookesbiggestfan January 8th 2009, 7:32 pm

Looking out into the small but very enthusiastic audience couldn't feel better. We were celebrating the re-opening of the Cook n' Brooke with a karyoke night, and I, Brooke, was first, by request. Luckily nobody minded, so I got up on that stage, Jason & David brought out the keyboard that had been sitting in our house collecting dust, and gave a very heartfelt performance of Let it Be, and a more upbeat song, Free. Then David & I did our new duet "So Happy." David sang two songs, and then David & I surprised Eliza by sending her up onstage to sing the new song she had recently recorded called "Emptiness." For only being fourteen... excuse me, a week shy of fifteen, that girl has a great voice. I hooked her up with a recording contract earlier that year, and she had really gained a lot of confidence. I was very proud of her... she had come a long way since I met her... a little over a year ago I think it was.

After karyoke night, when we were cleaning up, Eliza approched me.

"That was fun," she told me, "thanks, for setting me up, Brooke."

"Anytime, 'Liz," I replied, "you sounded great tonight. That's really a beautiful song."

"I wrote it when the restaurant closed," she confessed, "I felt lost and empty without it."

That made me extremely happy... and extremely sad at the same time. I didn't know how exactly I felt... so, like always, I cried.

"That's really great, 'Liz," I cried.

"Oh, Brooke, don't cry again," she told me, "we've had enough of that this month. You cried on July 28th when David told you we were opening back up, again on the 29th when we were moving stuff back in, on the 30th because your goldfish died, the 31st when you didn't feel well... and just about every day this month too."

I laughed.

Oh Eliza.

She was right. I think I had cried every day that month, but we were only about six days into the month of August.
    Shawna
    Shawna
    Superstar
    Superstar

My Life As A Singer-Songwriter-Restaurant Owner, chapter 2 Empty Re: My Life As A Singer-Songwriter-Restaurant Owner, chapter 2

Post by Shawna January 9th 2009, 8:35 pm

another great chapter Smile
    My Life As A Singer-Songwriter-Restaurant Owner, chapter 2 294743
    brookesbiggestfan
    brookesbiggestfan
    Superstar
    Superstar

My Life As A Singer-Songwriter-Restaurant Owner, chapter 2 Empty Re: My Life As A Singer-Songwriter-Restaurant Owner, chapter 2

Post by brookesbiggestfan January 9th 2009, 9:00 pm

thank you, thank you! -bows-

more to come!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 15th 2024, 12:26 pm