Brooke's Bandwagon

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

The End of Everything I Had Come to Love, final chapter

brookesbiggestfan
    brookesbiggestfan
    Superstar
    Superstar

The End of Everything I Had Come to Love, final chapter Empty The End of Everything I Had Come to Love, final chapter

Post by brookesbiggestfan January 7th 2009, 6:01 pm

Brooke & David decided to make the Tuesday before the restaurant closed the very last karyoke night. It was an extremely wad night. I had that empty feeling, and it felt like someone had died.

I think Brooke would rather have someone die. She was in the worst state I had ever seen a human being in before. Surely she was suffering from depression.

That night, all the employees sang one last song on that stage.

Brooke was last. She was singing "Change" while playing it on the keyboard. Halfway through the song, she teared up and got all choked up. She stopped playing, laid her arms on the keys, buried her face in her arms and cried. It was too much for her. She sat there and cried, which provoked a crying-fest. Every person in the restaurant must have been crying.

David went up on stage, helped Brooke up & let her cry into his chest while he sang "Permanent."

The last line of the song was "Is this the moment where I look you in the eye, forget my broken promise that you'll never see me cry." He looked Brooke in the eye, and he cried.

That's when I realized, it really was over.

David must have seen me crying, because he nodded at me, telling me it was okay to come up there. He wrapped Brooke & me into a hug and we all cried there, in front of everyone at the Cook n' Brooke.

Wednesday was probably the worst day of our lives. We tried to put on happy faces for our customers; it didn't work.

"You don't look to happy," one man told me, "what's eatin' you?"

"We're closing today," I said quietly, trying to hold back the tears. I noticed Brooke, taking things off the walls, looking at each, and wiping tears off her face with the tissues she'd been carrying around all week.

I was wondering what was going to happen to me & my life. Would I find another job? What would I do in my spare time? Would I still be able to visit Brooke & David? I had no tears left to cry, so I just went around feeling empty and lost the whole day.

The restaurant closed for good at nine-thirty. I said goodbye to my favorite place in the world. I stood, staring into the restaurant. It was so empty. Standing there, I remembered everything: the day I met Brooke & David, the day I waited on the food critic, the first time I sang in front of a crowd at karyoke night, the fire, the time David had appendicitis, the time we were all snowed in.

I was really, really going to miss that place. I bid a weepy farewell to my fellow employees, and went to find Brooke & David. They were walking around, taking one last look at the place before saying goodbye.

I went and hugged them each.

"Thank you, for everything," I cried to Brooke.

She gave a half-hearted smile. Her heart was broken.

"Thank YOU, Eliza," she replied.

"Bye," I whispered.

"Bye 'Liz," Brooke whispered in return.

I walked out, not bothering to turn around to take one last look. My eyes were too full of tears to see.
    Shawna
    Shawna
    Superstar
    Superstar

The End of Everything I Had Come to Love, final chapter Empty Re: The End of Everything I Had Come to Love, final chapter

Post by Shawna January 7th 2009, 10:56 pm

Cry Baby

Current date/time is May 9th 2024, 9:03 pm