Brooke's Bandwagon

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MySpace Blog - 7/21/08

brookesbandwagon
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

MySpace Blog - 7/21/08 Empty MySpace Blog - 7/21/08

Post by brookesbandwagon August 24th 2008, 5:11 pm

Monday, July 21, 2008

TOUR DE IDOL: Part 2 Intermission and Beyond
    Current mood: calm
    Category: Music

Bonjour... I decided that part two deserved a whole new post of it's own. By the way, This will be my THIRD and final attempt at creating this blog... I can't possibly describe my frustration after drafting a lengthy blog jam packed with all kinds of great stuff... I click "preview and post" and all the sudden, POOF... it's gone, this has not happened once, but twice! Long story short… I lost my internet connection in both instances yet for random reasons. I was feeling pretty t.o.'d about it, I just about had a lil' explosion … but then I reminded myself, "Brooke… it's just a blog" Smile I decided this time I would put the post together in a word document and save it!

Wowsers…Okay so there was just an enormous crack of thunder and flash of lightning outside my hotel window, I find it quite exciting actually, I haven't seen a storm like this in a long time! At the moment I'm snuggled under my incredibly soft covers with my laptop… listening to the rain and "Dalilah" on the soft rock radio station. Can I just say that I absolutely love soft rock stations, I dig the mellow vibe, and yeah… it's full of cheesy adult contemporary hits from the 70's, 80's and 90's, but seriously who doesn't secretly love songs like "lady in red", they've played so many songs tonight that I haven't heard in quite a while and I'm writing them down so I can remember to go download 'em on iTunes. Playing right now is Lionel Richie's "say you, say me… say it together, that's the way it should be… aaaaahhhhhh" …SO GOOD! Oh how I love Lionel! Now Jim Croce… I'm so happy right now:)

Alrighty, So since part one in Portland we have since been in Tacoma, Salt Lake City, St. Louis., Chicago, Columbus and now we are in Indianapolis! We now have 14 shows under our belt, 39 more to go! So where did I leave off…. Intermission right?

I'M SORRY, I JUST GOT REALLY TIRED AND CAN'T KEEP MY EYES OPEN… I WILL CONTINUE ON IN THE MORNING-ISH

Nighty night Smile zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

And I'm back! So I now I need to construct a few run-on sentences to get back into "blog mode". We are nearing the end of the Indianapolis show... I just heard "Hello" from my dressing room, David Cook's first song of his set... that means I have three songs till I have to be on stage for the big 'ol finale!

Back to the purpose of this blog... Intermission and Beyond! Intermission is all about Guitar Hero, the best game in the universe and also one of our sponsors! I pretty much developed an addiction to Guitar Hero during my time on the show, I'm not super duper good, I'm still on the beginner level, but I play it with all my heart:) Anywho, Right after we sing the first act finale... Lil' Archuleta appears larger than life on the Jumbo-tron in a very hilarious and or adorable guitar hero commercial, that I'm sure many of you have seen (If you haven't seen it you can YouTube it, Cook has one too, classic). Instantly the crowd goes into hysteria...just wait till he appears on the stage in REAL LIFE!

Alright so Cook is singing "Hero" which is my cue to hit the stage... BRB

well everyone, looks I'm struggling to find the time to finish this blog... I just have a few minutes here and there, just got back from the show not to long ago, it's close to 2 am and I'm soooo tired, I've been tugged at in every direction today and have no activity left in the noggin:)

goodnight!
    Aug.1

Could this really be happening? Am I in fact actually going to FINALLY finish this blog post, we'll see... after reading through it thus far, it definitely struggles to find a cohesive flow as I have added bits and pieces here and there in different cities, veering off on random tangents. From what I can remember, the last attempt was in Indianapolis, so I have been through Cincinnati, Detroit, Toronto, Rochester, Pittsburgh, and then we've been in Newark for the last two nights! After this next week we will have hit the half way mark of the tour! I said this before, but it hard to remember what life was like before we hit the road. I have really been soaking up this experience, learning lots and enjoying the ride, however I have found myself feeling a bit homesick the last few days:( I mean don't get me wrong this is a once in a lifetime opportunity and I don't want to let it slip through my fingers, but there are those small moments where I miss driving in my car down the 101 with the windows down listening to one my Mix CD's on full blast, or taking a quick trip to Target... and most of all my dear Dave, my friends and my family! Then I remind myself that when it all comes to and end, how much I will TRULY miss it... you know I actually don't even want to think about it at the moment, we've still got 31 shows left !

It's hilarious and or ridiculous how many times I've tried to dive into the "intermission" portion of this blog, really how much can I say about intermission... well we're talking about me here, and I can say a whole lot about anything! However I am going to try to keep it brief... so during intermission they also bring up two audience members on stage to duke it out on guitar hero in front of everyone in the arena waiting for second half of the show to kick into gear... however you would most likely find the remainder and vast majority of our audience waiting for the ladies restroom, talk about a serious line... like Disneyland style I would imagine. I mean woman's restrooms are notorious for long lines whether to use the potty or even just to get a quick glimpse into a mirror to check your hair and lipgloss, but a ladies room at an American Idol Concert... forget about it, LOL! So after you return from your expedition to the restroom and back, you would then get to see another Groovy Guitar Hero Music video featuring all ten of us crazy folks, which shows us in retro 70's apparel, sporting some serious hairdo's, having a party and jamming out in the recording studio , it's quite awesome and was a really fun lil' video to make!

Intermission has finally come to an end, and that means it is time for the "Dreadhead's" dressed in their blue t-shirts to get their scream on... that's right, Jason Castro THE dread head heart throb himself will now grace the stage with Ukeleli in hand and sing his charming rendition of "Somewhere over the rainbow" , with his soft falsetto sending his devout fans and followers into a complete frenzy! Yep... I like that part too! Then it's Syesha's time to shine, displaying her unbelievable vocal talents, no doubt about it, this girl can SING... and then sing some more. She definitely convinces every person in the room to "LISTEN" while she's commanding the stage with the Dream Girls Ballad. Then it's time... the walls of the arena start to shake, you can feel a rumble underneath your feet and the screams become audible even in the farthest parts of the building, suddenly we all know that it's time... David Archuleta ascends up through the stage and the hazy mist that almost appears like heavenly clouds, while sitting behind a piano singing "Angels"... this is certainly a moment. He then sings with ease three other songs, which is accompanied by a layer of screams that never stop throughout the set. Then with his laugh he humbly thanks the audience and prepares everyone for what's to come... THE HEADLINER, THE AMERICAN IDOL HIMSELF, DAVID COOK! At this point everyone has risen to their feet with hands raised in the air as they hear "hello"... his very popular arrangement of the 80's Lionel Richie Song. It is quite evident, Cook is indeed a Rock Star... From his stage presence and powerful vocals, to his ultra polished performance skills and witty stage talk, he's the real deal singing four solid songs night after night... and then a knock out Encore performance of "Billy Jean" in which we all are awaiting behind the stage preparing for the FINALE!

oh man,we are almost there... its after 3 am and I'm beat! I'll return...

Current date/time is May 2nd 2024, 9:14 am