Brooke's Bandwagon

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

and I'm back... For the Record... (BROOKE'S BLOG FINISHED!!)

brookesbiggestfan
    brookesbiggestfan
    Superstar
    Superstar

and I'm back... For the Record... (BROOKE'S BLOG FINISHED!!) Empty and I'm back... For the Record... (BROOKE'S BLOG FINISHED!!)

Post by brookesbiggestfan January 31st 2009, 12:01 am

and I'm back...For the Record...
    Current mood: artistic

Well...I told ya I would be back, So here I am! I apologize to leave you in suspense, but there were some important items of business to attend to today and this is the first chance I am getting, to let y'all in on the scoop... well at least some of it , can't give it all way:)

So first things first, As I mentioned earlier, this morning when I went to check on my myspace, I noticed that I had received several comments in regards to me signing a record deal with Sanctuary Records. I have now come to realize this is because of the Entertainment Weekly article that just came out recently. So during my phone interview with EW (which was a fun and candid interview), we were chatting about everything, from how I became connected to "Sanctuary" through Randy Jackson (so super cool btw), as well as how we were making the record... I guess there was a little mix up, because I actually signed to SANCTUARY ARTIST GROUP... NOT Sanctuary Records. No biggie... just a lil' miscommunication.

I was hoping to make one big announcement with the details about both management and the record deal... but the deal is taking a little longer than planned (of course, doesn't it all?!), as I have carefully been weighing out my options. Good news is... I am in the middle of working out all of the fine yet important details of the "dealio" as we speak, especially since I am opting for a more creative and individualized blueprint to make this record... (More to Come when things are finalized). There have been lots and lots of things happening, and I have been dying to give you all something, however I am very careful to not "talk" about anything until all pieces are place and really moving forward... just a little lesson I've learned along the way in this fickle business. However recently, when I got the call from these press peeps that I have gratefully come to know through out my American Idol experience, I was asked some of the obvious questions
    "So Brooke what are you up to?" and so I told 'em Smile So here we are talking about everything!

Yes friends, I am making a record... (Insert "Woo twirl" here)! I am always hesitant to say this, but what the heck... I'm EXCITED! As y'all know I have been writing, writing and writing some more. I am in the thick of the creative process, and really learning a lot along the way. I am certainly one of those tortured artists that is never really satisfied, or good with being complacent, but I crave progression and improvement. I have had the opportunity to do a lot of co-writing. I have really grown to love the co-writing process... in some ways harder than writing alone, in some ways easier. But I love coming into a writing session with a great idea... a verse or a chorus, and then see it really blossom into something better than I could have dreamed up on my own. There are some really talented writers out there, and though I often times feel intimidated, I have taken on the challenge and feel like it's forced me to step it up and rise to the occasion, and really learn something new. I have loved the outcome thus far, beautiful songs that feel real and honest... whether they tell my own story or the story of another., they are real life.You know, In the end It's all about the song!

Which prompts the next exciting announcement that I have decided to share with you all! I had planned on waiting to reveal it, but I can't wait! I have recieved some clear inspiration on the album title... an idea that I have been sitting with for quite some time. It just seems like it perfectly summarizes the overall landscape of the record, and really the dynamics and oppositions of real life, And Actually has found it's way into one of the lines of the songs... "my life is the sum of high hopes and heart breaks" ... so therefore the album shall be called:

and I'm back... For the Record... (BROOKE'S BLOG FINISHED!!) Highhopesandheartbreakrevised72

Oh and by the way, This is NOT the album Cover, just a little graphic I made because I'm artsy fartsy... and I felt like it needed to stand out:) So there you have it, a little insight into the heart and mind of this record, it's all in the works! Which brings me to one last announcement...

Everyone has been inquiring as to when to expect this album, and while I have been giving a ballpark estimation of late spring -early summer, I have set a real date. So here it is, You can expect to find "High Hopes and Heart break" on June 2, 2009, which also happens to be a "New Music Tuesday" as well as my actual birthday! I know that might seem far away... but ya know what, quality takes a little bit of time, and truth is time is flying by at warp speed and June will be here before we know it!

Until then, I will do my best to bring you all along for this ride, and let you be apart of the process... the intense and invigorating process of giving the soul a sound. I've said a lot, but there is so much more, but again... I'm excited... thank YOU for sharing in the excitement and for your patience...Please stick around, there is so much more on the way...

For now, I'm hungry... off to dinner:)

PS... I saw the Twins today!!! Oh my how they've grown... it was SO good to see them and give them hugs and eat gold fish crackers with them. Just like old times.... I miss them

Currently listening:
    Fleet Foxes
    By Fleet Foxes
    Release date: 2008-06-03

9:53 PM 31 Comments(Add Comment) |34 Kudos

Check it out on Brooke's Myspace!
    GeeWindu
    GeeWindu
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

and I'm back... For the Record... (BROOKE'S BLOG FINISHED!!) Empty Re: and I'm back... For the Record... (BROOKE'S BLOG FINISHED!!)

Post by GeeWindu January 31st 2009, 2:58 am

Haha! Love it! June 2nd haha! Can't wait! High Hopes And Heart Break!

Oh and bbf I added the pic in there for you Smile
    brookesbiggestfan
    brookesbiggestfan
    Superstar
    Superstar

and I'm back... For the Record... (BROOKE'S BLOG FINISHED!!) Empty Re: and I'm back... For the Record... (BROOKE'S BLOG FINISHED!!)

Post by brookesbiggestfan January 31st 2009, 11:28 am

thanks Very Happy

i'm keeping a countdown to the album on my igoogle page. 122 days left! haha
    love the title! its perfect!!
    Makinsey
    Makinsey
    Top 24 Contestant
    Top 24 Contestant

Post by Makinsey January 31st 2009, 4:30 pm

ooooohhh mmmmyyy hhhecccckkkk.

i am SOOOO excited!!!!! ahhhh!!!!
    brookesbiggestfan
    brookesbiggestfan
    Superstar
    Superstar

Post by brookesbiggestfan February 1st 2009, 3:47 pm

120 days... haha, i'm a little pathetic... but i'm really looking forward to her album!!!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 2nd 2024, 3:33 am