Brooke's Bandwagon

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Glass of Lemonade, My Idols, and The Time of My Life: Vacation, chapter 6

brookesbiggestfan
    brookesbiggestfan
    Superstar
    Superstar

A Glass of Lemonade, My Idols, and The Time of My Life: Vacation, chapter 6 Empty A Glass of Lemonade, My Idols, and The Time of My Life: Vacation, chapter 6

Post by brookesbiggestfan December 23rd 2008, 11:02 pm

The next day was Friday. I woke up with a really bad stomach ache. Brooke & David were already awake.

"Good morning, Eliza!" Brooke said cheerfully.

"Morning!" I replied, trying to sound happy. I limped to the bathroom, then limped back. I was going to try to get dressed, but I didn't have it in me. I crashed (literally) back on my bed, and groaned.

"Eliza are you okay?" Brooke asked me, "don't tell me you have appendicitis." Brooke had been really nervous about any abdominal pain on ANYONE since David had appendicitis a few weeks ago.

"No, I'm fine," I replied weakly.

"You okay?" Brooke asked gently, sitting beside me on my bed, rubbing my back.

I nodded, but then I shook my head, because I really wasn't.

"You want some Tyelnol?" she asked. I nodded and tried to get up, but moving was painful.

"I'll get it fore you," Brooke said gently, "you stay there."

Like I was gonna move.

Brooke brought me two Tylenol and a glass of water. I took them both and laid back down. Brooke sat beside me for awhile.

David emerged form the bathroom. He had just come from the shower and was wearing a tshirt and jeans he got at the mall the day before.

"Hey, 'Liz you okay?" he asked. (BTW thats 'Liz with a long 'i' like in Eliza)

"She's fine," Brooke answered for me. David nodded and went back into the bathroom because quite frankly, his hair was a mess, and it didn't seem like he wanted to be in the room in case I should have some contagious disease. (Which I didn't.)

When David came out, Brooke went in to do her hair and makeup and brush her teeth. David sat on the side of the other bed farthest away from me.

"I'm not diseased," I told him. He nodded and turned on the flat screen TV. He turned on football. UGH.

Brooke walked out of the bathroom with her mascara in her hand.

"David, football?" she asked in annoyance, "Eliza doesn't feel well and I'm pretty sure she doesn't want to watch football."

I nodded and David tossed me the remote. He stayed on that distant side of the bed. I flipped through the channels. There was nothing decent on, so I turned it off and reached to the nightstand for my iPod.

Soon, Brooke came out of the bathroom. She looked like a million bucks and I only looked like two cents. David went back in the bathroom. I believe he was trying to avoid me.

"How you feelin' 'Liz?" Brooke asked gently.

"Eh," I replied, "a little better, but not much."

"A little's good," Brooke replied, "that's a start."

20 minutes later, I felt a bit better. The Tylenol had started to work. I gathered my clothes and got dressed in the bathroom. I also tried to do my hair and makeup so I'd look a little better. I did, but I'd never be as pretty as Brooke. I went back to my bad and sat upright. Brooke ordered room service, even though I wasn't really hungry. I had a few bites of buttered toast. That's all I had until lunch, and by then I was starving. We took a leisurely walk to a little cafe down the street. I ordered a soup and a sprite. I ate it all, and had a few bits of Brooke's salad too. Then we took a relaxing stroll on the beach. The smell of salty sea air made me feel much better.

The whole day was really relaxed, since I wasn't up for much activity. Brooke was very good at playing "Mom", considering she had no children of her own. She made sure I took more Tylenol every five to six hours so I'd feel good.

It was nice to have a relaxation day. Neither Brooke nor David minded just hanging out & chillin' either.

Current date/time is May 15th 2024, 1:57 pm