Brooke's Bandwagon

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brooke Interview about Paula's Departure

GeeWindu
    GeeWindu
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Brooke Interview about Paula's Departure Empty Brooke Interview about Paula's Departure

Post by GeeWindu August 7th 2009, 12:56 am

Aug 5 2009 6:04 PM EDT
    'American Idol' Alums Are 'Shocked' By Paula Abdul's Departure
    Kris Allen, Brooke White, Danny Gokey and others express their fondness for the empathetic judge.
    By Jocelyn Vena, with additional reporting by Matt Elias
    Views 9,941
    Print
    ShareThis
    If "American Idol" fans were surprised to hear that Paula Abdul wasn't returning to the show next season, the show's former contestants were possibly even more shocked to find out that she would no longer be sitting at the judges' table.

"I was shocked. I definitely think the show will be different without Paula," season-seven finalist Brooke White told MTV News. "The truth is, we don't spend a lot of time with the judges. However, Paula was the one every elimination show that came backstage to visit with us."

She added that Paula "was truly concerned about our well-being. I think because, on that panel of judges, she was the performer, she was the one who experienced what it was like to be on the front lines, she had the empathy for us. She provided a little softness to the table."

Video here:

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1617699/20090805/abdul_paula.jhtml

Current date/time is May 13th 2024, 5:43 pm