Brooke's Bandwagon

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Secret Set-Up

brookesbiggestfan
    brookesbiggestfan
    Superstar
    Superstar

Secret Set-Up Empty Secret Set-Up

Post by brookesbiggestfan March 19th 2009, 8:13 am

Secret Set-Up

Walking into the Idol Season 7 Reunion Beach Party, Idol winner David Cook greeted his Austrailian buddy, Michael Johns.

"David!" Michael exclaimed, walking over to shake hands with David, "glad you could make it!"

"Are you kidding?" David replied, "I wouldn't miss it for the world!"

"It wouldn't be because your sweetie Brooke is here, is it?" Michael replied, smiling curiously and nudging David.

"Brooke is here?" David asked, glancing around, "And PUH-LEEEEZ. She is not my sweetie. She's married. Remember?"

"You didn't hear?" Michael asked.

"Hear what?" David asked, a hint of concern in his voice.

"He walked out on her," Michael replied.

"Oh no..." David replied, "that's awful."

He didn't want to admit it AT ALL, but deep down inside (and I mean WAY, WAY deep down inside) he was a little itty-bitty bit happy. Truth was, David was in love with her. Perhaps now he had a chance with her.

Brooke and her best Idol friend Kristy Lee Cook came back onto the scene after coming back from a long stroll on the beach.

David watched as she and Kristy Lee walked over to the picnic table to retrieve refreshments. She was dressed in a flowy white cover-up over her bathingsuit. The cover-up came to the knee, with flowy sleeves. She was barefoot, and her long blonde curls were pulled back in a ponytail over her right shoulder. Her sunglasses were white. She was just as pretty as last time he had seen her.

His stare was broken by a pat on the back from Michael. He accompanied Michael over to the picnic table to pick up refreshments. On his way over to greet Chikezie, David knocked into someone, resulting in his Pepsi spilling all over.

"Oops!" Brooke exclaimed, "I am so sorry! Let me get you some napkins! Oh, David! Great to see you!"

"Hey Brooke," David stuttered, "it's no problem. I can go get another one. No need for napkins. I dry."

Brooke chuckled.

"I heard about your Grammy," she told him, "congradulations."

She smiled, and pushed her sunglasses up on her head, revealing her brilliantly blue eyes.

"And your CD," David replied, awkwardly, "it's great."

"Oh, you listened to it?" Brooke said, her eyes twinkling.

"Oh of course," David added, "and... your interview on the radio the other day. Heard you're coming out with another."

"You listened to that?" Brooke asked, looking puzzled.

"Oh of course!" David said again, "I love hearing you speak... I mean sing... I mean... I... um... wanted to know... ah... I... thought..."

Brooke blushed, and put on her sunglasses again, to hide her eyes.

Without realizing what he was doing, David pushed her sunglasses back up on her head.

"Brooke..." he began.

He was working up the courage to ask her out.

"Yes?" Brooke replied, twirling one of her golden curls around her finger, anxiously.

"Nevermind," he replied.

His courage had failed him. What if she said no? He'd be crushed.

"Are you sure?" she asked, "I'm here to listen if you want to talk. You know that. You can tell me anything. Do you... want to... take a walk?"

David's heart began beating at a pace it had never beat at before.

"Sure," he replied anxiously, "that'd be great!" He set his Pepsi can down in the sand and began walking down to the tide with Brooke.

The two of them walked with their feet in the water for awhile, in awkward silence.

"So... uh..." David asked, "how have you been? I heard about..."

"I don't talk about him anymore," Brooke replied, knowing what David was about to say, "it hurts too much. I'm trying to focus on the positive stuff. Let's talk about you. How's your girlfriend?"

"Oh, we ended that a while back," he replied, "we just had nothing in common anymore."

"I see," replied Brooke, "I know what that feels like."

She bent over to pick up a shell.

"Pretty," she said, smiling. She put the shell in her pocket and the two of them continued walking down the beach.

They talked for awhile, smiling, and laughing.

"You're so funny, David!" Brooke laughed, a smile spread across her face.

Before he realized what he was doing, David took Brooke's hand in his. It surprised her at first, but she tightened her grip on his.

They walked back to the party holding hands, their fingers interlocked.

Michael nudged David as they walked to their own private picnic table to share one Diet Coke with two straws.

"Beat it!" David told him.

Michael got the message and walked back to the rest of the ex-Idol contestants.

"Guess it worked out for both of them," Michael told Kristy Lee. The two of them slapped "high-fives" and went to play volleyball with Carly, Ramiele, and David A.

Their plan to get their best friends together had worked out in the end.

Brooke and David never knew who secretly set them up, but if they knew, they'd definetly thank Michael Johns and Kristy Lee Cook.

The End
    FrOoke_Whiite
    FrOoke_Whiite
    Idol Auditioner
    Idol Auditioner

Secret Set-Up Empty Re: Secret Set-Up

Post by FrOoke_Whiite May 18th 2009, 2:55 am

Lmao. that was fun to read. Good job. XD lol. Spaz Bravid FTW!
    brookesbiggestfan
    brookesbiggestfan
    Superstar
    Superstar

Post by brookesbiggestfan May 18th 2009, 4:28 pm

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 15th 2024, 6:19 pm