Brooke's Bandwagon

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Competition, part 1

brookesbiggestfan
    brookesbiggestfan
    Superstar
    Superstar

Competition, part 1 Empty Competition, part 1

Post by brookesbiggestfan January 30th 2009, 12:02 am

Competition
    Yet Another Threatening of The Cook n' Brooke's Future
    narrated by the staff of the Cook n' Brooke

Part 1
    (narrated by Eliza)

Thursday. Only one more day before Friday.

Ahh... Friday. Only my favorite day of the week. As much as I loved the Cook n' Brooke and everyone and everything there, I always looked forward to the weekend. See, I'd been working this job since I was 13, the day after I met Brooke White-Cook and David Cook, my idols. That was an amazing day. It changed my life for the best. Now I was sixteen and most sixteen year olds haven't been working since thirteen. But I was different. I had something over them.

Anyhow, when I walked in, that Thursday, September 18th, something was definetly different. Very different. There were barely any customers.

This was very unusual.

The Cook n' Brooke is the most popular place in town. Seeing only ten tables with customers was very surprising. They were all eating, which meant everyone else was in the Lounge. I went there, and found them all, draped over the furniture looking very down-beat.

"Hey," I started, "what's up? Why the lack of customers?"

"Competition," huffed Carly Smithson.

"Competition?" I asked, "Ha! What other place in this town can compete with us?" I laughed.

"Kelly Clarkson's Cafe," Brooke sighed, "it just opened this morning."

"And it's already more popular than us?" I asked in shock.

"Unfortunetly so," David replied, leaning on his hand.

"I don't know what to do!" Brooke cried, "competition isn't good for us! What if we decline in business again? What will happen to this place? I can't afford to see it go again. I just can't!"

"It's all right, Brooke," I said, sitting beside her on the couch, "we can't lose our customers. They'll come back."

At that moment, David broke into song. He was singing "Come Back to Me."

That made everyone laugh. David always lifted our spirits. Even Brooke, who was terribly stressed about the future of her beloved restaurant was laughing. David was singing in such an animated, theatrical way, with hand gestures, mouth open wide while he was singing, and the facial expressions to boot.

Even though the future of the Cook n' Brooke was being threatened by Kelly Clarkson's Cafe, I was certain that the thirteen of us, me, Eliza, Brooke, David, Carly, Kristy Lee, Michael, Ramiele, Syesha, Jason, David A., David H., Amanda, and Chikezie, would be able to save it. We were sort of like super heroes, when we put our heads together.

Since no more customers were walking in at that time, and all of our customers that were there already there were eating, Brooke and David decided to hold a staff meeting.

"Okay, so we need ideas," Brooke began, "what should we do that will attract customers?"

"New menu items!" suggested Carly.

Brooke jotted that down on a pad in her pretty handwriting. I was sitting next to her, so I got to watch her write.

"Free karyoke nights," I suggested.

"A mascot!" Michael shouted, "you know, someone in an oversized costume who will scare people into the restaurant?"

"Open earlier!"
    "A discount!"
    "Kids eat free night!"

"A big light up arrow!" Jason exclaimed, "or a blimp! Yeah, a blimp! A really big one that says 'Come to the Cook n' Brooke! How about that?"

"Those are all great suggestions," Brooke told them.

"Except for Jason's," David joked.

Brooke gave him a 'LOOK'.

"Just kidding," he said, looking at the ground.

"Any other ideas?" Brooke asked.

"We could have Simon Cowell come sign autographs," Amanda Overmyer suggested.

"We want to attract customers," Brooke replied, "not scare them away."

I laughed- but nervously, because I was wondering if these ideas would work. If they wouldn't, the future of the Cook n' Brooke could be threatened, and I know none of us could watch it go... again.

Part 2
    narrated by David

"David, what are we gonna do?" cried Brooke, "the Cook n' Brooke has never had competition like this before!"

"I know, I know," I replied, "I'm thinking!"

"Well think fast," demanded Brooke, "I can't see this place go out of business again!"

"I know, I know," I groaned.

"Stop saying that!" Brooke cried, "you say that too much!"

"I know," I replied, "oops."

Brooke & I laughed. Seeing her smile was great. When a problem like this comes along, she gets so stressed out and hardly ever smiles, and eventually has a nervous breakdown. Seeing her smile made me feel like, maybe everything would be okay.

Brooke sat down on the couch (we were in the Lounge). I sat beside her and put my arm around her shoulders.

"We'll be okay," I told her.

"I hope so, David," she replied, looking up at me, "I can't see this place go again. I love it here."

"I know," I said back.

We chuckled and turned on the TV.

"Let's play on the Wii!" Brooke suggested.

Yessss. I love the Wii and Brooke rarely plays it with me.

We decided to play Tennis, which is Brooke's favorite Wii game. I prefer baseball, but I know that Brooke hates baseball with a passion, so we played Tennis instead.

5 minutes later, Eliza ran in.

"Brooke, David, I have an idea!" she exclaimed.

Brooke paused the game.

"What?" she asked, eagerly.

"We have someone, preferably one of the others, go stand out on the streets with a sign (neon) advertising a kids eat free night and a $1 concert!" Eliza exclaimed.

"Great idea!" Brooke exclaimed, hugging Eliza, "you're awesome."

"Thanks," Eliza replied, "hope it works."

more coming soon

Current date/time is May 15th 2024, 12:24 am