Brooke's Bandwagon

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The New Employee, Who Almost Ruined Everything

brookesbiggestfan
    brookesbiggestfan
    Superstar
    Superstar

The New Employee, Who Almost Ruined Everything Empty The New Employee, Who Almost Ruined Everything

Post by brookesbiggestfan January 22nd 2009, 6:39 pm

(narrated by Brooke, David, Eliza & Carly)

Chapter 1
    (narrated by Brooke)

"Brooke, David, this place is packed!" Eliza exclaimed, poking her head in the door, "we're gonna need more help!"

Reluctantly, David & I pried ourselves off the couch, retrieved our aprons & notepads and trudged out into the restaurant to take orders.

The Cook n' Brooke was doing better than ever, and David & I were thrilled. The problem with that was that we commonly had to be waiters/waitresses. We were the owners. Pretty much, we're supposed to sit around, own the place, and jump in if there's an emergency.

At the end of the day, David & I held a staff meeting in the Lounge.

"This restaurant has an excellent staff," David began, "you're all hard workers and Brooke & I are proud of all of you."

"However," I added, "we realize that work has been a little overwhelming, because it has been very busy here. I hate to do this, because we're all very close, but David & I have to hire a new employee."

"I OBJECT!" shouted Michael Johns.

"I know none of you will be happy about this, but it has to be done," David stated.

"Can you belive this?" Carly Smithson asked Eliza.

Eliza shook her head in disbelief and disappointment.

I knew what we were doing was best, but at the same time, the worst.

Chapter 2
    (narrated by Eliza)

I couldn't believe what Brooke & David were doing! Hiring a new employee? I was mad. All the employees at the Cook n' Brooke were so close. A new employee would wreck everything.

That evening, I drove Carly home, because she lives seven houses down the street from me.

"I can't believe this," I told Carly, "I never thought Brooke or David would do that."

"Tell me about it," Carly replied, in her cool Irish accent, "it'll ruin everything."

I pulled into Carly's driveway.

"Thanks for the ride, Eliza," Carly said.

"Bye Carly," I replied, "see you tomorrow."

I drove seven houses up and pulled into my drive way. I went upstaris and called my boyfriend Lester. We talked for an hour and a half.

The next day, I walked into the Cook n' Brooke only to find Brooke talking to a perfect stranger.

"You're hired," Brooke told the girl.

WHAT?

ALREADY?

WHY?

I was so mad, and controlling my emotions gets harder by the second. I approached Brooke & the new employee.

"Good morning, Brooke," I said, putting on a fake smile.

"Good morning, Eliza! Brooke replied, "this is Allysa. She's sixteen and our new employee."

I smiled fakely.

"Hi Allysa," I said, "I'm Eliza."

"Eliza, would you mind showing Allysa how we do things around here?" Brooke asked.

CRAP.

"Not at all," I replied, even though I minded a lot.

I gave Allysa a guided tour of the Cook n' Brooke with my fake smile and a strong desire to whack Allysa in the face.

I took her to the Lounge and showed her where we like to hang out after work.

"Eliza," Allysa began, "she told me not to tell you this, but I think you should know. Brooke said she hired me, because she wants to replace you."

"What?" I whimpered.

"Don't feel bad, Eliza," Allysa said, sympathetically, "you just don't have what it takes to be a really good waitress."

I nodded, trying to hold back the tears.

"Get to work," I told her.

I ran into the bathroom and bawled.

What had I done wrong?

Chapter 3
    (narrated by David)

I was walking into the Lounge when I heard crying. I was fairly certain it was Eliza and she was in the women's room. I went to fine Brooke, knowing she'd know how to take care of whatever drama Eliza was going through now. I'm a guy; I'm no good with all that.

"Brooke, Eliza's in the bathroom, crying," I told her.

"What happened?" she asked, in a worried tone.

"I can honestly say, I have no idea," I told her.

Brooke went into the bathroom. I was sort of curious about what they were talking about, so I stood outside the door.

"Eliza, what's wrong?" Brooke asked gently.

No reply.

"Eliza, come out and tell me," she continued, "you can tell me anything. You know that."

Still no reply.

"Eliza, please, talk to me."

Eliza did not reply.

"Eliza, please," Brooke said again.

"GO AWAY!" Eliza shouted. I was shocked. She had never said anything like that to Brooke before.

Brooke stormed out of the bathroom, crying too. The door hit me.

"Evesdropping?" she asked, sobbing, "really, David."

Brooke pushed past me, went into the Lounge, slammed and locked the door.

Great.

Now I had to crying girls who were practically best friends but one wouldn't talk to the other.

Women are so confusing.

I went to find Carly. She's my backup.

"Carly, Brooke & Eliza are crying and Eliza won't talk to Brooke," I told her.

"I'll talk to them," Carly told me.

She walked into the women's room.

I didn't listen at the door again, because upset women have a lot of strenght. My arm still hurt.

Chapter 4
    (narrated by Carly)

I walked into the women's restroom and heard Eliza crying in one of the stalls.

"Eliza what's wrong?" I asked, "why won't you talk to Brooke?"

"Allysa told me," Eliza sobbed.

"Told you what?" I asked, quietly.

"Brooke hired Allysa to replace me because I'm not good enough!" Eliza cried.

She came out of the stall. Her mascara was running in black streaks down her cheeks.

"She's going to replace you?" I asked, in shock.

"Like you didn't know," Eliza sniffled. She pused past me and walked out.

That did a lot of good. Ha.

I went to the Lounge to talk to Brooke. As I walked in, Allysa walked out.

"Brooke," I said, "Eliza told me why she's not talking to you."

"It's because she's sick of me!" Brooke bawled, "she wants me to like, back off or something. I guess I'm annoying or something."

"What?" I asked, "that's not what she told me."

"That's what Allysa told me Eliza said to her!" Brooke cried.

ALLYSA.

"Brooke, I want you and Eliza to talk things out," I told her, "I have to talk to someone."

Chapter 5
    (narrated by Brooke)

After wiping the smudged mascara off my cheeks, I walked back to the women's room. Eliza wasn't there. I went back out into the restaurant. Eliza was waiting on table 27.

"Eliza, can I talk to you?" I asked, gently.

"Why?" she asked, not even looking up, "so you can fire me?"

"Fire you?" I asked, "why would I do that?

"Because I don't have what it takes to be a really good waitress."

"Where did you get that idea?" I asked, sympathetically.

"Let's take this in the Lounge," Eliza said.

I follwed her as Eliza stormed into the Lounge.

"I got the idea from your new goody-goody waitress, Allysa," Eliza said, starting to cry again, "I don't know why you told her and not me. Oh I know. You're trying to REPLACE me."

"I never told her that," I said, "she lied. Lied. I never want to fire or replace you."

"Really?" Eliza asked, looking up, "thanks."

She hugged me, and I hugged her back.

"Eliza, one thing," I said, "did you really mean that about me, being annoying and all?"

"What?" Eliza asked, "I never said that."

Allysa.

"Nevermind," I told her.

I figured out what was going on, and what actions I needed to take.

Chapter 6
    (narrated by David)

Brooke came to me when I was in the Lounge, all alone, trying to figure out what the best way to talk sympathetically to two crying girls.

Thank goodness she came in when she did. I was about to go nuts.

"David, we have to fire Allysa," she told me.

"It's her first day!" I exclaimed.

"She told lies about me to Eliza and lies about Eliza to me," Brooke told me.

I shook my head in disbelief.

"Well Brooke, do what you gotta do," I told her.

"David, I can't," she said, "will you?"

She's too nice. I realized long ago that I had the perfect wife, and I realized that she also had to be the nicest person alive.

"Brooke, you need to toughen up," I told her.

"I know, David, but I can't," she replied, "I'd feel to bad. Plus I have this whole 'good girl' rep goin' on, and I really want to keep it that way."

"We'll go together," I assured her.

"Fine," Brooke replied.

She and I walked to Allysa.

"Allysa, can we see you in the Lounge, please?" Brooke asked her.

Honestly, I had every intention of smacking her.

"Allysa, Carly, Eliza & I have figured out that you've been telling lies," Brooke began, "why?"

"All you could talk about was Eliza. Eliza, Eliza, Eliza!" Allysa exclaimed, "I wanted to be your favorite employee! I thought if I could get her angry enough, she'd quit, and there'd be less competition."

"I'm afraid we're going to have to let you go," I told her.

"WHAT?" Allysa exclaimed, "IT'S MY FRIST DAY!"

"We can't have employees who tell lies and nearly ruin friendships," Brooke told her.

Allysa ripped off her apron, threw it across the room, and left.

Well then.

Chapter 7
    (narrated by Eliza)

I walked into the Lounge to find Brooke & David talking.

"Oh, sorry," I said, walking back out.

"No, Eliza, I want to tell you something," Brooke said.

"Yes?" I asked.

"We fired Allysa," Brooke stated.

"Already?" I laughed.

Inside, I was overjoyed and wanted to throw a party.

"I'm so sorry," Brook added, "she almost ruined our friendship."

I nodded.

"And I'm sorry," I said, "for not talking things over with you when I should have. I should have talked to you and gotten the truth before I got upset."

"It's fine Eliza," Brooke assured me, "it's partially my fault. I hired her."

We laughed.

"Hey, 'Liz, go call a staff meeting," David told me.

I stuck my head out the Lounge door.

"Staff meeting!" I called. The eleven other employees entered.

"David & I realized the new employee didn't work out," Brooke began, "so we fired her. We don't want to go through that again, so we won't be hiring a new waitress."

Everyone cheered.

"And we realize that you all work extremely hard, because we're usually quite busy, so Brooke & I are giving you all a raise," David added.

Everyone went nuts.

"Even me?" Jason Castro asked.

"Well..." David replied, jokingly.

Everyone laughed, except for Jason.

"Of course, Jason," David told him, "you're ALL getting a raise."

Jason smiled.

"All right, get back to work," Brooke instructed us, "except for Eliza."

Uh oh.

That didn't sound good.

The eleven waiters/ waitresses filed out the door. I sat on a couch across from Brooke & David.

"So..." I started, "what's up?"

"To show our appriciation for all your hard work," David began.

"We're making you our first ever employee of the month," Brooke finished.

"Seriously?" I asked.

"Absolutely!" Brooke replied, "you're a very hard worker and you have so much patience. You're also the most responsible 16-year-old girl I've ever met."

"Definetly," David said.

"Plus, you're our favorite employee," Brooke said, smiling.

"Really? I asked, "aww, thanks."

David showed me the picture of me labeled "Employee of the Month," that they were going to hang outside the Lounge.

That was SO cool.

That day had been a very interesting one.

I went from being mad at Brooke to being so appriciative of her. And I went from thinking I was going to be fired, to being employee of the month.

That was the first "fight" Brooke & I had ever had, although it wasn't technically a fight.

You know something?

As great as they can be, friendships are weird.

And another thing:

New employees ruin everything.

Almost.

The End.
    brookesbiggestfan
    brookesbiggestfan
    Superstar
    Superstar

The New Employee, Who Almost Ruined Everything Empty Re: The New Employee, Who Almost Ruined Everything

Post by brookesbiggestfan January 26th 2009, 9:28 am

this is new, just posted.

Current date/time is May 15th 2024, 9:47 pm