Brooke's Bandwagon

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Love at the Cook n' Brooke, chapter 1

brookesbiggestfan
    brookesbiggestfan
    Superstar
    Superstar

Love at the Cook n' Brooke, chapter 1 Empty Love at the Cook n' Brooke, chapter 1

Post by brookesbiggestfan January 19th 2009, 11:17 am

(narrated by Brooke)

It was Saturday, a week after Eliza's sixteenth birthday. It was a Saturday the Cook n' Brooke was open. The time was 8:00 AM and our employees were arriving so we could start the work day. I watched as Eliza & Carly pulled up in Eliza's new silver convertible that David & I gave her for her birthday. Carly lives on Eliza's street, so Eliza volunteered to drive her to work in style. Besides, Eliza's still only 16, and has to drive with a liscenced driver in the passenger seat.

Eliza & Carly entered together.

"Brooke did I ever tell you how much I love that car?" Eliza asked, taking off her sunglasses.

"This would be 397 this week," David laughed, adding a tally to the list he'd been keeping.

Eliza & I laughed.

"Thanks for the ride, Eliza," Carly said, on her way to the lounge.

"No problem," Eliza replied, "you live like, five houses down."

"It's a sweet Car," Carly replied, opening the Lounge door.

"I know," Eliza sighed, staring out the window at her beloved new car.

"Eliza, get to work," I reminded her, "get ready. Here comes our first set of customers."

Eliza went to the Lounge and emerged in her waitress apron and notepad. Our first customers entered. There were two families for breakfast. I showed them to their tables and assigned Eliza to table four, and Carly to table sixteen.

"Brooke, can I switch tables with Carly?" Eliza asked me.

"I guess," I replied, "how come?"

"No reason," she replied, "please?"

"Go ahead," I sighed.

"You're the best, Brooke!" Eliza exclaimed.

"Yeah, yeah," I replied, chuckling, "Carly you take table four instead, okay?"

"Alright," CArly replied, walking to table four.

I wondered why Eliza had insisted on switching tables. I tried not to look like I was watching her, but I was. Eliza kept smiling at a boy, about her age, at the table.

Aha.

Now I knew.

Current date/time is May 6th 2024, 1:50 pm