Brooke's Bandwagon

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
GeeWindu
Keyeser
newsgirl
ebajane
kelly
9 posters

Hello ... at last :)

kelly
    kelly
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Hello ... at last :) Empty Hello ... at last :)

Post by kelly September 27th 2008, 8:13 am

Hi folks, I'm Kelly ... and my big thing is Malaria No More. I once studied that stuff in college and actually did some work in malaria-stricken areas...and really want to go back to Africa again to see what MNM is doing.

Unfortunately, since I encountered some Bandwagon folks in Green Bay on Sept. 2, my big thing has been an extra piece of real estate that needed a lot of painting, floor refinishing, etc. ... and I've not had one day of rest in 25 days, which is why you haven't seen me much here. But the "for sale" sign goes up this weekend.

Who am I? Well, I'm a professional writer of two decades-plus who's had some 4,000 pieces published , most of which has served as bird-cage liner, and I am now attempting a book ... I also work with developmentally disabled adults, and I ride a road bike like crazy (and that served as my first bit of MNM fund-raising work: ride 1,000 miles last summer to raise $1,000 for savetheworldsummer, and I raised $1,100...and my mother is kicking in another $150 so that we will have been able to buy 125 bed nets to save 250 kids! Woo-hoo!).

I have a great wife of 12 years named Sarah (who a couple of you met in Green Bay), some cats, a greyhound, and we live in Wisconsin these days ... but have also lived in New York, Ohio, Georgia, Connecticut, Massachusetts, Virginia.

I'm friends with anyone who likes Brooke and have befriended people all over the world since Jan. 15, 2008 Hello ... at last :) 387427
    ebajane
    ebajane

Hello ... at last :) Empty Re: Hello ... at last :)

Post by ebajane September 27th 2008, 9:41 am

Hi Kelly! I'm looking forward to getting to know you better! I'd love to hear more about what you have written. And I think the bike ride for MNM was an awesome idea!!!

What do you do with developmentally disabled adults? Just curious, because that's my dad's line of work. He has worked mostly in Indiana for private agencies and for the state, but he did spend about 18 months working in Georgia around the year 2000. Anyway...just curious. Smile
    newsgirl
    newsgirl
    Team Member
    Team Member

Post by newsgirl September 27th 2008, 10:16 am

I'm so glad you finally have some time to post!! I second Erika's comment ... I'd love to hear more about what you've written!
    Keyeser
    Keyeser
    Team Member
    Team Member

Post by Keyeser September 27th 2008, 3:02 pm

Hey Kelly. It sounds like volunteering is something Brooke's fans have in common. What you are dong sounds great! I love you
    GeeWindu
    GeeWindu
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Post by GeeWindu September 28th 2008, 2:32 am

Hey Kelly! I met you in Green Bay with Mandie, Christina, and Xavier. It nice to meet you and Sarah, you two were such nice people. Thanks again for saving us spots for outside before the show.

Glad to see you've made it here to the site and thanks for helping us out it is greatly appreciated.

Oh and not too long after Green Bay, Xavier cut my hair off hehe. He had help of course Wink and then a few days later since I didn't like it, I had it buzzed off by Tom. I'm not sure if I like it or not but my long curls were donated to Locks Of Love. Smile And I also shaved my goatee off so you probably wouldn't even recognize me anymore. I've had people tell me they recognize my voice but not my face anymore haha.

Well I'll see you around.

Take Care,
    Jeremy
    Brittany
    Brittany
    Superstar
    Superstar

Post by Brittany October 1st 2008, 11:25 pm

Welcome!
    Smile
    Mandie
    Mandie
    Top 24 Contestant
    Top 24 Contestant

Post by Mandie October 1st 2008, 11:55 pm

Hi Kelly!!!!!!!! Hello ... at last :) 622430
    njnauticalnut
    njnauticalnut
    Team Member
    Team Member

Post by njnauticalnut October 2nd 2008, 12:07 am

Hi Kelly, I, too, look forward to getting to know you. I think it is terrific that you are doing such wonderful volunteer work. I am sure that your published pieces are more than just birdcage liners. I would love to hear more about your writing.
    Alexandra
    On Tour!
    On Tour!

Post by Alexandra October 2nd 2008, 1:10 am

Hey Kelly!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 15th 2024, 5:11 am