Twitter for Mesa Concert!

ebajane

Re: Twitter for Mesa Concert!

Post by ebajane on September 27th 2008, 10:59 pm

From Makinsey:
    just got in the doors. im in the front row. donated $30 to Malaria No More. Brooke's not coming on until 8:30. i posted some pics on BFO

georgestraight
    Starving Artist :)

Post by georgestraight on September 27th 2008, 11:07 pm

Hey, I am here at the ampitheater. There's about 400 to 500 people here with more coming on a constant trickle.

Hey Makinsey, on the left side about 7 people deep behind a few people in chairs typing on a laptop. I am wearing a blueshirt, have blondish hair with goatee. Wave hi to me if you see me. LOL!
    GeeWindu
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Post by GeeWindu on September 27th 2008, 11:09 pm

Thanks for all the updates so far!!!!!!!!!!!!

georgestraight

Post by georgestraight on September 27th 2008, 11:18 pm

Hey, I have an internet connection through my cell phone using blue tooth. It's a little slow but I disable pictures so I am at pretty good speed here. I am not going to post much because I want to save the power on my cell phone for some cool pics! Hopefully.

georgestraight

Post by georgestraight on September 27th 2008, 11:19 pm

Wow, it is starting to swell here. That trickle is so constant it is starting to fill up!

georgestraight

Post by georgestraight on September 27th 2008, 11:37 pm

Local radio D.J. starts. He says everyone is a Mesan tonight. Donate to Malaria No More. Asks, is everyone ready for Brooke? The crowd cheers. They love Brooke here tonight.

Chris Paterno and his band is the opening act. They have a cuban rythm plus rock vibe. It's pretty cool and different. I like it. It is not overdone and entertaining.

The lead singer says Brooke is warming up in the back. The crowd cheers.

Last edited by georgestraight on September 27th 2008, 11:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

georgestraight

Post by georgestraight on September 27th 2008, 11:39 pm

Ampitheater is nearly full. It is a good showing. It looked like it would rain but it is not. A lot of dedicated fans came out even at the risk of getting wet. The weather is cool and breezy (well Arizona standards it is). Lots of quiet chatter in the crowd. Mostly about Brooke with lots of buzz she is going to be a star. I agree. Decent amount of Brooke love here tonight.

Last edited by georgestraight on September 28th 2008, 9:18 am; edited 2 times in total
    newsgirl
    Team Member
    Team Member

Post by newsgirl on September 27th 2008, 11:51 pm

Thank you SO much for the updates!!

georgestraight

Post by georgestraight on September 27th 2008, 11:58 pm

Chris Paterno sp? is doing fantastic guitar work. A Santana song. He's really good on the guitar. He jumped unto the grass in front of the crowd. Funny thing is the crowd was very tame about it. I was clapping and laughing.

They also did a song. I forget the name of it, but it was something like "I need to know". It is famous one for sure, I just forget the name. It had a cuban beat to it.

Wow, this guy never quits on his guitar work. He's really good. It's pretty awesome.
    ebajane

Post by ebajane on September 28th 2008, 12:03 am

Wow, thank you so much for the updates!

georgestraight

Post by georgestraight on September 28th 2008, 12:10 am

One more song until Brooke comes out. This Chris Paterno sp? is doing a Spanish themed instrumental. Heavy, very heavy on the electric guitar. He's carrying this song. He's very impressive. Woah! He's carrying it on his shoulders on impressing the heck out of me! Nice! For fans of someone who can fly on an instrument. I am a little suprised the crowd isnt more into it. They are warming up to him but it is not a frenzied reaction.

georgestraight

Post by georgestraight on September 28th 2008, 12:23 am

Chris Pretino sp? did one more song.

Brooke is coming out in 5 to 6 minutes. Loudest reaction from the crowd so far. They need time to set up.

I noticed that Dave Ray is helping. My gosh this guy is real cool. He brought out Brooke's acoustic guitar and is helping out with the crew. I think Brooke is lucky to have him. That was a very quiet unusual thing to see.

Last edited by georgestraight on September 28th 2008, 10:22 am; edited 2 times in total
    DI

Post by DI on September 28th 2008, 12:25 am

Great play by play George, I'm wondering what she will sing...Let It Be?
    ebajane

Post by ebajane on September 28th 2008, 12:28 am

From Makinsey:
    Brooke's coming on!

Post by Guest on September 28th 2008, 12:36 am

Yeah! so exciting! I'm glad that she knows jeremy isn't a hot mess anymore! but of course, I had her see the picture of him dressed in hannah montana! Wink
    ebajane

Post by ebajane on September 28th 2008, 12:37 am

WHAT picture, Christina?! I must see this picture!!!

georgestraight

Post by georgestraight on September 28th 2008, 12:45 am

Local DJ asks Brooke lots of questions. Back and forth banter. Within a year her music will be out. Sounds interesting. Crowd starting to get a little frenzied.

Gary Hammil? Brookes Drama teacher presents an award/gift from her school. DVD of her musical of meet me in St. Louis.

Robert Brenton. President of the Mesa Convention Vistors Bureau. Presents an award for representing Mesa.

DJ presents an award from the Milano music store. She gets a microphone. Brooke is thankful but laughs that she doesn't need another microphone. LOL.

Mayor Scott Smith. Tells Brooke how proud he is of her. She represented Mesa "well, no extremely well". Mayor gives a proclamation from the city of Mesa for Brooke White. Can't remember it all. Declares it September 27th as Brooke White day. Brooke says that is so awesome and hilarous.

Rasied over $1500 dollars raised for Malaria No More.

Brooke talks about Malaria No More. Mentions it is the most devasting disease in the world today. Encourages everyone to give.

Last edited by georgestraight on September 28th 2008, 4:16 am; edited 3 times in total
    ebajane

Post by ebajane on September 28th 2008, 12:46 am

From Makinsey:
    September 27, 2008 is officially Brooke White Day!

georgestraight

Post by georgestraight on September 28th 2008, 12:53 am

She sings a full acapella version of "Just Like a Star". She sounds great. She hits every single note like a pro. Most singers would crumble under the pressure to do this. She did it without any sign of cracking. Very very nice. I loved it. And she did it with her voice under stress!

Now she is singing beautiful. Wow oh Wow. She's 100x times better live. She says a story that Simon Cowell told her that he used the lyrics to the song Beautiful as wall-paper once. Simon was implying that the lyrics were very sappy. That mean Simon Cowell. That sounded spiteful Mad That diminishes him in my eyes.

I yell "You're so awesome".

She recognizes some kids in the front with some chatter.

Last edited by georgestraight on September 28th 2008, 2:49 pm; edited 6 times in total

georgestraight

Post by georgestraight on September 28th 2008, 12:53 am

She is singing "Your so Vain". It's so cool live. Crowd claps along. I blink twice; I am seeing Carly Simon only better. She says we are a band now. LOL.

She recognizes Steve Wright. The organizer of the event.

georgestraight

Post by georgestraight on September 28th 2008, 12:57 am

She' singing Change. I love it. Experiencing it live, it's better than any cover she's done so far. I feel the emotion. Her voice is very emotive. I love that raspy voice. I am feeling emotions I don't usually feel. Wow oh wow! I feel like changing. It feels sad and positive at the same time. Incredible gift she has.

Last edited by georgestraight on September 28th 2008, 10:20 am; edited 2 times in total
    Keyeser
    Team Member
    Team Member

Post by Keyeser on September 28th 2008, 1:01 am

Dang - I just saw this post. I'm sure the concert is over. So I'm looking for recaps!!!!!!!!
    ebajane

Post by ebajane on September 28th 2008, 1:02 am

It's not over, Keyeser! It's going on right now!

georgestraight

Post by georgestraight on September 28th 2008, 1:03 am

She's singing Let it Be. Last song. Ahhhh noo. Darn it. (Sorry for the post edits) Earlier I think she mentions that she is prevented from singing a particular song which she wants to sing. Not sure what that is about, one can only speculate. Is that a contractual issue? Honoring someone's wishes?

I stand corrected. Her cover of "Let it Be" live is just as good as "Change". She's going to be great. I noticed how confident she is doing the song. I can tell that she is an artist that gets better with practice. That's a gift too; some can't do that. I am continually being impressed by her performance.

Crowd is leaving. No, wait. She says she will sing another song. It's really her voice that is under strain. She's going to sing "Free". Crowd is excited and quickly sits down.

The audience is singing along grooving with the song especially the young ones in front. I am really digging it. Voice is cracking for the first time tonight -- she knew it would! I think her technical ability is very good by the way, but everyone's voice will crack with the large amount of singing she's doing, but no one in the audience expresses one iota of a irritation in their demeanor. On the contrary, everyone, seems very happy and are grooving along in their appreciation even stronger. I am thinking this girl can do a lot of things in spite of the odds. Yes, she may unintentionally present herself to some as often as very fragile and very weak and very emotional, but I got the sense from her presence that underneath all of that she has a will of iron and determination. I didn't expect that feeling of strength coming in and I was shocked that this was the impression which struck me the hardest.

I love that raspy voice. It is so unique and feeling infused. You can't not have feelings and not love her voice. It is just impossible.

She finishes the song. Crowd gives her a rousing standing ovation. DJ talks about how her music will be in stores everywhere (very strong hint, lol). We keep on applauding. She cries and wipes away tears of happiness, etc. and waves for a long time. The impression which strikes me the second hardest and surprises me too is how super-sensitive she is -- she is way too sensitive -- how can she be in this business and be that sensitive? That's an odd yin and yang she has going on. I give her a huge thumbs up. Dave comes out to walk with her. She hugs a little girl in a dress and goes backstage.

Going back to the car there is a huge/gigundo positive vibe. Most people are smiling. People are talking about how great Brooke was. I agree. She's special. Not many singers make you feel good about life. It was way wonderful. It's hard to describe.

As I drive home, I eagerly await what's next for her. I wax philosophical--Yeah I know, I tend to do it way too much, lol. Anyway, hundreds of years ago the masses had Bach, Mozart, and Beethoven (who by the way started each of his compositions with the note g and ended it with it, because it represented the Sun and he was fascinated by it just like Brooke seems to be). Where are these artists today? Well, why not someone like a Brooke White. Yeah she is not a classical composer, but the aim is the same. Make wonderful music and move people. She has that ability to move people and make music so why the heck not?! I just hope she can keep balance in her life because that can ruin a person with such talent. But seeing her with Dave makes me feel like that is not going to be a problem. He seems so selfless and caring, he would be a guy to keep her life in balance and sane.

Last edited by georgestraight on September 28th 2008, 10:19 am; edited 25 times in total

miknge
    Nanny
    Nanny

Post by miknge on September 28th 2008, 1:12 am

oh.. last song already? But that was a great play by play!! and, the ampitheater was filled! yay for that! I hope she sings more, though, like Follow Me. My personal favourite

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is September 26th 2018, 2:36 am